Barton Deakin Brief: South Australian COVID-19 Restrictions
18 November 2020
The current COVID-19 outbreak in South Australia has grown to 34 cases. The Government is reinstating several restrictions, effective from midnight on Wednesday, 18 November and remaining in place for six days as a ‘circuit breaker’.
The following will be closed:
- all schools (except for children of essential workers)
- takeaway food outlets
- pubs, cafes, coffee shops, food courts
- all elective surgery
- open inspections
- all outdoor sport
- factories (except those required for food or medical production)
- aged care facilities will be locked down (no visitors except for organised end-of-life visits)
- holiday homes
The following restrictions will be in force:
- people must stay at home (except essential service workers)
- no exercise outside the home
- 1 person per household per day may leave to purchase groceries
- no regional travel
- masks must be worn outdoors
- no weddings or funerals to take place
- no construction to take place
- Fly-in, fly-out workers on standby
The following essential services will be allowed to continue:
- water, power and telecommunications services
- supermarkets (with limited access)
- medical facilities (including mental health services)
- public transport
- airports and essential freight services
- petrol stations
- post offices and banking institutions
- mining and smelting operations, and factories that must be maintained
- childcare facilities for families of essential workers
- some government services
- veterinary services
- essential agricultural services
Further announcements will be posted on https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/response.
For more information on COVID-19 and related government matters see Barton Deakin Briefs.
For more information, contact John Griffin on +61 419 901 159 or John Fitzgerald on +61 488 111 568. Alternatively, email Barton Deakin here.
To stay up to date with the affairs of Coalition Governments and Oppositions around Australia, you can follow Barton Deakin on Twitter and LinkedIn. For more information on Barton Deakin please visit our website.